Thursday 18 December 2008

Coming up in the 3rd box...

Apologies for the delays between Boxes, moving house in the middle of December is not something I'd recommend to anyone else!

Hopefully I'll be making it up to you with at least two Boxes by the end of the first week in January.

I've plans for a couple of pieces which I hope will prove interesting and push our appreciation of the definition of "cult British culture" - which is after all the supposed focus of this show. And I think I've settled on a theme tune for the programme - and hoping we'll get our very own original version if my musician friends can pull it off.

Coming up in the next couple of shows, I take a look at the obscure 1971 sexploitation picture Percy, and the embarrasing side of British popular culture in the 1970s. And we look at the delicate issue of policitcal correctness in British comedy (a topic I rather suspect we'll be returning to on subsequent shows).

With Christmas around the corner I'm trying to resist the temptation to do a festive blog, though after the turkey has been washed down with some fine port I'll be taking a look back at a selection of this year's festive offerings on television here in the UK.

If you have any comments, suggestions or would like to contribute to a future Box send an email to podcast@avalard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment